Sergei Maksin told TASS about the new products presented at the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2015, meetings with foreign partners, joint programs with China, turning Nizhniy Tagil in the Light Town and many other.
- Mr. Maksin, could you tell us about the new products of Shvabe Holding presented at MAKS-2015 Salon.
- Our exhibition stand included 46 new samples of our products. In particular, an innovative optical electronic complex for new generation planes presented at MAKS-2015 has already been successfully tested and accepted for operation. The presented unique wide-coverage multi-spectrum optical electronic Earth remote sensing equipment (ERS) will be installed at Soyuz launch vehicle during its first launch from Vostochny space launching site. This ERS equipotent is unique in its class, has a wide hold range and enables solving a wide range of problems, including environmental monitoring, emergence situation control, geologic survey etc. The stand of our Holding also demonstrated new complexes for helicopters.
- Has Shvabe held any interesting negotiations with foreign partners at MAKS?
- We have planned and held more than 30 meetings with foreign delegations. In particular, an aviation agreement was signed with the Chinese partners. Despite skeptical attitude of some market players, we don’t feel that the interest for our products is lowering, rather on the contrary – our business contacts are enhanced, and we feel active interest to out products.
- Please, tell about other areas of cooperation with China.
- We cooperate with the Chinese partners in satellite navigation. There are different navigation systems now – Russian GLONASS, Chinese Beidou, European Galileo and American GPS. We manufacture universal satellite receivers which will work with any of these systems. They can be used for very quick and accurate positioning and finding geographical coordinates anywhere in the world. This will enable to receive coordinates for motor transport, for agricultural devices, for construction sites etc.
Besides, we have our own illuminating engineering plant in China.
- What is the part of non-defense products in the total export amount of Shvabe?
- Today, the part of non-defense products in the export portfolio of the Holding is about 40%. We have set and systematically been implementing the task to increase this amount, first of all, by entering new markets.
- What products of the Holding are most requested by foreign customers?
- Presently, Shvabe supplies products to 95 countries worldwide and enhances the geographical map of the export delivery on the regular basis. Within the last year, we have established effective cooperation with more than 15 countries. We are implementing projects in all continents, including Latin America , Africa, Europe.
One of the new projects is illumination of the Cuban capital Havana (the Light City Program providing for energy saving illumination. - TASS). The illumination project in Havana is the first step in establishing cooperation of the Holding with the Cuban Ministry of Industry.
- Is the Light City Program developing in Russia?
- A large-scale project within the framework of the Light City is being implemented in Nizhniy Tagil. A unique long-term contract with this town is planned for 20 years and provides for designing, construction and maintenance works for the whole city outdoor illumination system на период полного жизненного цикла. Its implementation is of great importance for Nizhniy Tagil, since Shvabe illumination preserves historical heritage and enables significant improvement of the town infrastructure and traffic safety.
This program is being implemented now in some other Russian regions, including Kurgan and Moscow Region.
- Is the import substitution program relevant for Shvabe, and are there any problems with implementation of it?
- Implementation of the import substitution program has started in the Holding even before the onset of the known events, since we believe that as we live in Russia we should develop Russian technologies. Still, we don’t neglect international integration.
- How long has the Holding been developing this area?
- We started working in this field back in 2008. Of course, we use imported electronic component base (ECB) which can are essential. But if alternative Russian high-quality products are available we abandon completely foreign prototypes.